Size Guide - Orca Bay
Trying On New Shoes
Nothing is as comfortable as your "old friends". You've had for years, worn everywhere and had many wonderful adventures together, but that day has finally come... They have given up at the seams, you can't remember what colour they used to be and your partner has asked you (for the hundredth time) to throw them out!
To help you get it right, here are some top tips when trying on your new shoes:
- Try them on in the house. You need to keep the soles un-scuffed.
- Keep the tag on and look after the packaging. This is also part of the T&C's
- Sorry to bring it up, but clean feet. If you do have to return the shoes, you don't want to be having any awkward conversations about their condition.
- Spring time changes. Having worn boots all winter, your skin can initially be more sensitive going into summer shoes.
- Is it a hot day/Have you been walking a lot? Feet expand in hot weather. Try the shoes on at a comfortable room temperature to test the shape vs your foot. If you are buying for a summer holiday, you will need to allow for extra room.
- To sock or not to sock? Some styles are designed to be worn with or without socks. Try them on as YOU would wear them.
- Take your time. Leather and suede will give and become more flexible. When you first put the shoes on, they may feel "snug" (they should not be "tight"). Keep them on for at least 5 minutes. They will quickly get used to your foot shape. A good quality leather or suede (Orca Bay's) will mold to your feet with wear, becoming the "new friends".
- Check the length. With standard shoes and boots, your toes should not be pushing on the end as you walk. With Mules and Sandals, you should not feel the ridge at the back on your heel as you walk.
- Check the width. You should have wiggle room for your toes.
- Do you like the style? Have a look in the mirror - that's the view that everybody else will see. Try them with some of your outfits - the best casual shoe is one that works with a number of them.
- Ask for help. If you have any questions, before or after purchase, send me an email/message/text/give me a call. I will be happy to help guide you towards the best product for you. (email@example.com/www.facebook.com/katherinepartisltd/07784 501 425).
Orca Bay Ladies Shoe Size Guide
Orca Bay is a British footwear company. However, to achieve more sizing options, their shoes are made to European shoe sizes. To help find your size, here is the complete shoe size conversion chart for the shoes
Orca Bay Mens Shoe Size Guide