If you're going back to work soon, hopefully you are looking forward to the return to the office, seeing your friends and colleagues and the challenges that lay ahead.
It may feel a little strange at first, but its worth remembering that we are all going through this together.
Before you head out, do a little planning, ahead of time, to make this transition as smooth stress free as possible.
Here are some of my suggestions:
- Try on your current workwear. Its been a long time, the gyms have been closed and almost none of us are as active as we will have been a year ago. If your clothes don't fit, don't panic. Put the good gear away for now, but maybe recycle items that have had their day.
- Try on your work shoes. If you've spent all year in slippers, you may find that more fitted shoes are a struggle.
- Look after your feet. If you have bought new shoes, wear them around the house until you are happy that they are going to be ok. Coming out of winter, your feet will be more sensitive to shoes with out socks.
- Get a good night sleep. Go to bed on time and without your phone. (You may need to reduce the caffeine and alcohol intake.) If your about to start getting up early for work, introduce this routine at least a few days before.
- Don't hug anyone...not yet.
- Have fun. These are exciting times and you are a part of it.